Thursday 20 October 2016

Good Job mr Smarzowski


I'm a movie lover, that's a fact! I love going to the cinema, I always try to go with someone because I like to share my opinion and feeling about a movie but when it's not possible I do not hesitate to go by meself. When I have the possibilty I go to the cinema with my mum wich is even a bigger movie fan than me. Thera are plenty reasons why I enyoj to go to the cinema with her but the most important is that I'm 100% sure that she hasn't senn this movie already and also because we have similiar taste and sense of humor. Few days ago I went to the cinema with my flatmate, we had a free evening and we decide that it would be perfect to see a movie. We was undecided between Bridget Jones and Wołyń. In the end we choose to see the second option. 



The story starts with a wedding of a polish girl and an ucrainian boy. Everything seems perfect, everyone is happy, the family and friends are dancing, eating and drinking. This idyllic picture unfortunately had to give place to the real topic of the movie...the war. The war and all what comes with: pain, destruction, blood, tortures and death. Cruel death of thousands of womens, mens and childrens. Who learnd or read about the Volhynian Massacre knows that those times was one of the most bloody in the history of Poland and Ucraine. Smarzowski shows a lot of drastic scenes, rappresenting how cruel and uncompromising was the people. People who can cross every line of humanity to get what they thought they deserve. Despite all the injustice and harm showed in the movie, Smarzowski is not blaiming anyone. He did not want to share hate, this is not a call out to some revenge. In my opinion he wanted to show us, to make us remember what happens when people start to despise eachothers. The war is what had destroyed everything. The protagonist was a young girl which fall in love with a boy. And they did't care about the differences between them. The only thing that mattered was the love and respect. And they lost it because of some people idea.

I wish that those two things could finally take over beacuse without them we can forget about peace and unity in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment