Monday 2 January 2017

Earth without art is just eh



Art is an inseparable part of the world. I can not even imagine how we could live without literature, music, cinematography. Art represent not only the cultural heritage of civilization but also a humanity progress and improvement. Art help us to develop our minds, it let us think and let us dream. 

Today I would like to show you some of my favourite paintings. I'm not an expert of painting, but I like to visit museum and galleries. I admire every exibition which I have a chance to see. When I travel and I visit new places I always pick one or more art galeries or museums and I visi them. It's a part of all journeys. 

 Francesco Hayez - The kiss, 1859
I saw this painting in Pinacoteca di Brera, Milano, during my Erasmus exchange, three years ago. I'd like the way they shows pasison in this painting, it seems like a goodbye kiss, the last and most important kiss.





 Francois Boucher -The Baby Jesus and the Infant Saint John, 1758
I took the picture if this painting in Uffizi Gallery in Florence. I'm not a big fan of sacred art and most of the times the paintingd with Jesus are similiar and boring, but I loved this one immediately. The figures are so sweet, I could watch it for hours!

Caravaggio - Judith beheading Holofernes, 1598-1599
It is situated in the National Gallery d'Arte Antica in Rome. I havn't seen this ine yet but I'm planning a trip to Rome this spring so this is gonna by on my list. I love Caravaggio for the dark background of his paintingd and the amazing expresisons on the faces of the figures. 


 Picasso - Jacqouline with flowers, 1954
Deep colours and the profile of this charming women always make me smile. I found this painting on the internet and I could't stop to look at it. I even put it on my phone wallpaper. 


Renè Magritte - The Lovers, 1928
What I like in this paintings is the mistery, the faces are covered and this is unsusual. When I think of this painting I think of the power of love. That nothing teally matters when two people are in love not even the faces.




William Adolphe Bouguereau - Elegy, 1899
I like the simplicity of this painting and this pale colours. They are in perfect harmony with the girls sad face. The painting is peaceful and quite. 


3 comments:

  1. Those paintings are impressive. And I agree with the title :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that we have a similiar art taste! We should go to the museum together! :)

    ReplyDelete